MHP Services Temporarily Relocated
Due to the severe storm damage to Mahaska Health West on the MHP campus in Oskaloosa, services provided in that building are being temporarily relocated. These services include Home Health, home-based Hospice, Public Health, Massage Therapy, SHIIP, Blue Zones and specific Behavioral Health therapists.
Public Health services that were offered at Mahaska Health West have been moved to several different locations:
Family Planning – scheduled Tuesday, May 6, 13 and May 20; June 3, 10 and 17 from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, is now located on Level 3 on the MHP campus. It is best accessed through Entrance #1. Appointments and walk-ins are welcome.
Immunization Clinics – rescheduled for Thursday, May 16 from 8:30 to 11:30 am and 1:00 to 4:00 pm. It will be held on Level 3 on the MHP campus.
WIC (Women, Infant and Children), Maternal Health and Dental Hygienist – next clinic is Wednesday, May 21 and will be held at Penn Central Mall, Suite 23/25 in the east hall. These services will be located at the Penn Central Mall, until further notice, on the third Wednesday from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm; the fourth Wednesday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm; and if there is a fifth Wednesday in the month, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
For more information on MHP Public Health Services, please call 641.673.3257.
Home Health and home-based Hospice offices are now located on Level 3 on the MHP campus and are best accessed though entrance #1. Services are provided in the client’s home or MHP’s Hospice Serenity House, but support groups are located on the MHP campus. For more information regarding MHP Hospice Services, please call 641.672.3260.
· Bereaved Parents Support Group –will meet in the MHP Boardroom (entrance #2) on May 6 at 7 pm. The group is open to any parent who has lost a child.
· The Adult Grief Support Group – will meet in the Hospice Serenity House Conference Room, located in the basement, on May 7 at 3 pm.
Other Services located in Mahaska Health West included:
· Massage Therapy – now located on Level 3 on the MHP campus. Best accessed through entrance #1. For an appointment, please call 641.672.3360.
· Behavioral Health Services – the therapists formerly housed at Mahaska West are now located on Level 3 on the MHP campus and are best accessed through entrance #1. For an appointment, please call 641.672.3159.
· Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) – providing free information and assistance with questions related to Medicare benefits. Now located on Level 3 on the MHP campus, best accessed through entrance #1. Services by appointment only, please call 641.672.3342.
· Blue Zones Project – offices are now located on Level 3 on the MHP campus. Best accessed through entrance #1. For more information, please call 641.777.4689.
“We appreciate everyone’s understanding as we work to determine how best to serve our patients with the resources we have available,” said Chief Operating Officer Erin Baldwin. “At this time, staff is thankful it was only a building that sustained damage and grateful for all the support we continue to receive from our community.”
Mahaska Health Partnership, located in Oskaloosa, is a non-profit health system accredited by the Joint Commission. It is guided by its mission to provide exceptional customer service and health improvement, linking the science of medicine with the humanity of compassionate care. For more information about how Mahaska Health Partnership is making healthcare personal, call 641.672.3240 or visit www.mahaskahealth.org.